If you want straighter teeth but don’t like the appearance or hassle of clunky metal braces, the Invisalign® system may be your ideal solution. Using clear, removable plastic aligners, Invisalign is a comfortable and discreet way to address cosmetic misalignment issues without the need for metal wires and brackets.
This page will provide an overview of the Invisalign system, but the only way to truly determine if the process is right for you is to meet personally with one of our experienced general dentists. To schedule your consultation, please call Bromley Park Dental today at 303-659-0667. We welcome patients from Brighton, Thornton, Commerce City and Ft. Lupton, Colorado.
On this page, we will discuss:
- What is Invisalign?
- How does Invisalign work?
- Benefits of Invisalign
- What issues can Invisalign address?
- Am I a good candidate for Invisalign?
- Invisalign vs. braces
- Health benefits of Invisalign
- Does Invisalign cost more than traditional braces?
- Schedule your Invisalign consultation today
Invisalign clear braces are transparent plastic shells that are worn over the teeth to give you a straight, attractive smile without the associated brackets and wires. The Invisalign system can correct mild to moderate crowding and spacing issues, but may not be appropriate for more severe misalignment issues. Our dentists will thoroughly examine your teeth and bite and explain all of your options.
Invisalign works much like traditional braces; your teeth are gradually shifted into their desired positions over a period of time. However, instead of having to deal with the discomfort, hassle and appearance of metal braces, you simply wear a series of customized plastic aligners.
A digital plan is developed specifically for you to safely and precisely adjust the alignment of your teeth. As you move from one aligner to the next, your teeth slowly straighten.
In order to achieve optimal results, you must wear your aligners for at least 20-22 hours a day, but you can easily remove them when you eat and brush your teeth. You will switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks, and only need to come back to our office occasionally to ensure your treatment is progressing correctly.
Invisalign presents a great opportunity to get straight teeth without having to suffer the dreaded “metal mouth.” The wires and brackets used in conventional braces can lead to cuts and irritation in your cheeks and lips. However, Invisalign clear aligner trays are completely discreet and don’t cause any discomfort.
Many patients choose Invisalign for any of the following benefits:
- Comfort: The Invisalign aligner trays have smooth edges. This prevents your teeth and gums from becoming irritated during your teeth-straightening process.
- Convenience: Although they need to be worn at least 20-22 hours a day, Invisalign aligners can be removed at any time. This convenient benefit allows you to eat all of your favorite foods and care for your teeth like you normally would.
- Clear: Invisalign’s clear aligners are virtually unnoticeable, making them a far more appealing option than metal braces.
- Customization: Invisalign aligners are custom-crafted just for you, based on impressions made of your teeth. This ensures your treatment effectively addresses your unique needs and oral structure.
- Less time in the dentist’s chair: You only need to visit our office once every 4 – 6 weeks for a check-up, whereas braces require frequent office visits to be tightened and adjusted.
The amount of time it will take for you to achieve optimal results will depend on your unique situation. However, most adults generally need about 12 months.
Invisalign is a great way to correct certain cosmetic issues that you dislike about your smile. If you experience any mild to moderate occurrences of the following, Invisalign may be a good option:
- Overbite: A condition in which the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth.
- Underbite: A condition in which the lower front teeth overlap the upper front teeth.
- Crossbite: A lateral misalignment of the dental arches.
- Open bite: A condition in which the upper and lower teeth are unable to make contact with each other when the jaw is closed.
- Crowded teeth: A condition in which there is disharmony between the size of the jaw and the size of the teeth.
- Gaps between teeth: A condition in which there is a space or gap between two teeth, most often the upper front teeth.
In some cases, the orthodontic issues listed above may be too severe to be adequately addressed by the Invisalign process. In these more serious situations, traditional braces may be a better option.
Our cosmetic dentists will evaluate your unique oral condition and explain all of your viable options, which may include other treatments entirely – such as porcelain veneers – so that you can make an informed decision.
The Invisalign system is not the right choice for all patients. If you have severe spacing and crowding issues or serious overbites, underbites or crossbites, a more complex orthodontic treatment plan may be more sensible.
Invisalign is a comfortable, convenient and discreet dental treatment. In order to begin the process, you must have healthy teeth and gums.
When you meet with one of our highly trained dentists, your mouth will be thoroughly examined to ensure it is healthy and your cosmetic goals can be accomplished with Invisalign. In addition to having healthy teeth and gums, you should also be:
- Prepared to wear your clear plastic aligners at least 20-22 hours every day. You may remove your aligner trays to eat, drink, brush and floss, but they should remain on your teeth at all other times.
- Committed to wearing your aligners for 10-12 months, the average treatment time for most adults to achieve optimal results.
- Able to visit our office about every 4-6 weeks to ensure the straightening process is advancing properly. You will need to switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks.
- A non-smoker or willing to quit before treatment.
- Without severe bite problems that require more extensive orthodontic treatment or restoration work.
Traditional braces use a system of metal wires and brackets to achieve alignment. The wires are gradually tightened to pull on the brackets and shift teeth into their proper positions. This process can be very uncomfortable and the entire treatment can last up to two or three years.
When you choose Invisalign, a system of customized aligner trays will be used to gently reposition your teeth into correct alignment. This approach not only feels more comfortable, it provides a more natural appearance and shortens the treatment time, often to just 10 or 12 months. Unlike standard metal braces, Invisalign’s aligners can be removed for eating and oral hygiene routines and the soft plastic trays won’t irritate sensitive oral tissue.
Since Invisalign aligners can be removed for brushing and eating, dental hygiene modifications and dietary restrictions are not necessary. This allows you to maintain a comprehensive oral hygiene routine to prevent dental health problems and enjoy a healthy, well-balanced diet for optimal physical health.
In addition, Invisalign trays are made of a soft and comfortable plastic which prevents irritation of sensitive oral tissue. This helps to protect against painful sores and other problems that result from inflamed oral tissue.
The health benefits of Invisalign only increase once your treatment is complete. When you have straight teeth and a proper bite, you can enjoy:
- Easier cleaning: Straight teeth are easier to brush and floss than overlapping or crooked teeth, which are more likely to trap food particles.
- Healthier teeth and gums: When teeth are easier to brush and floss and are properly cleaned, your risk for gum disease, tooth loss and other dental problems decreases.
- Better general health: Gum disease is linked to a variety of systemic health issues, such as diabetes, heart disease and more.
- Improved well-being: When you feel confident in your smile, you smile more and feel better. Research shows that even when it’s forced, smiling more actually makes you happier.
Every dental issue is unique to the patient. It’s important to factor in the quality-of-life benefits when making a decision about your orthodontic treatment.
Invisalign is usually preferred in terms of comfort, convenience and appearance.
Typically, the cost of Invisalign is reasonable when compared to the price of traditional braces, and the results are accomplished in less time. At Bromley Park Dental, we believe that cost should never stand in the way of the treatment you need and the confidence you deserve. We offer a variety of payment and financing options to help make every treatment more aligned with your budget and lifestyle.
The first step toward finding out if Invisalign can help you achieve the straight teeth and beautiful smile you desire is to schedule an initial appointment with one of the experienced dentists at Bromley Park Dental. Please call us now at 303-659-0667 to get started.
We proudly serve the communities of Brighton, Thornton, Commerce City, Fort Lupton and more. Se Habla Español.