General, Cosmetic & Implant Dentists Serving Brighton, Thornton, Commerce City, Fort Lupton & Nearby Colorado
From a teething toddler or developing teen to a working professional or elderly adult, the type of dental care you need will vary throughout the course of your life. To meet the diverse needs of every member of your family, our doctor-owned practice proudly offers a comprehensive array of general and family dental services under one roof.
Our General Dentistry Services
The first step toward achieving a beautiful smile is establishing a healthy one. Just like an effective daily oral hygiene routine, regular visits with a general dentist are crucial to the health of your teeth and gums.
Through regular check-ups, our experienced family dentists can evaluate the current state of your oral health, address existing issues and identify potential problems before they develop into more serious conditions that require more extensive and expensive treatment.
Bromley Park Dental proudly offers the following general dental services:
- Dental exams: Regular dental exams are the foundations of good oral health. During your dental exam, we will meticulously examine every aspect of your mouth, from your teeth and gums to your jaw and cheeks. We will discuss your daily hygiene regimen and offer recommendations to achieve optimal oral health.
- Teeth cleanings: Even if you brush and floss diligently, your mouth will thank you for the world-class cleaning you receive at Bromley Park Dental. In addition to a thorough cleaning, you’ll get valuable advice to help you keep your mouth in tip-top shape between visits.
- Periodontal treatment: In addition to being the leading cause of tooth loss, gum disease is linked to a variety of other systemic health issues that affect your entire body. Gum treatment can manage periodontal disease and help your mouth stay as healthy as possible.
- Crowns and bridges: When a tooth is damaged or decayed and needs protection and support that a standard filling cannot provide, dental crowns and bridges are a versatile and effective solution.
- Endodontics: Root canal therapy may be recommended when the inner pulp of a tooth becomes infected or damaged.
- Dental implants: When missing a tooth, no dental solution can offer you greater strength and beauty than a dental implant. Dental implants are fused directly into your jawbone and capped with a custom-made crown, making them a remarkably durable and attractive solution.
- Dentures: Missing one or more teeth can make it difficult to chew and speak, and may stifle your urge to smile. Dentures are an effective way to replace missing teeth and give you the support you need.
- TMJ treatment: The term TMJ/TMD refers to disorders related to the temporomandibular joint, the joint in front of your ear where the upper jaw and lower jaw meet. Symptoms of TMJ vary, but often include headaches, jaw pain and clicking or popping of the jaw.
- Emergency dentistry: Unexpected emergencies can happen at any time. If you have experienced a sudden dental injury, whether from decay or trauma, our emergency dental services can address the issue and alleviate your pain right away.
Perhaps the most important role of a children’s dentist is to foster an environment that is safe and fun. Our experienced dentists understand how to work with your child in a way that makes them feel at ease and provides them with the tools to establish good habits that will last a lifetime.
Bringing your children in for regularly scheduled check-ups is not only important for their oral health, it helps reduce the risk of dental phobia and reinforces the good habits you work to instill at home.
Family care is at the heart of our practice. We understand the importance and long-term effects of early, positive experiences at the dentist’s office. Every member of our friendly staff is committed to making your child’s experience encouraging and rewarding.
Elderly Dental Care
Even if you practice proper oral hygiene and enjoy a healthy diet, your mouth will eventually display signs of aging. There is no reason why older patients shouldn’t enjoy a healthy, functional smile in their golden years. At Bromley Park Dental, we pride ourselves on providing exceptional dental care for senior and elderly patients.
Many of the medications used by seniors to fight various diseases can contribute to a condition known as xerostomia, or dry mouth. Saliva naturally protects your teeth; when saliva is affected by medications, teeth are vulnerable to decay.
In addition to dry mouth, a number of dental issues can develop as you age, such as:
- Tooth decay
- Tooth loss
- Receding gums
- Decay around old fillings
- Oral cancer
Our experienced family dentists can identify these common issues and explain all of your treatment options. You will never be rushed or pressured into any decisions regarding a procedure. Our mission is to provide you with the information and recommendations you need to make an informed decision about your dental care.
Common Dental Conditions
Ideally, you should be able to achieve and maintain optimal oral health by meeting regularly with our family dentist and practicing good oral hygiene at home. However, a number of issues can affect the health of your mouth, such as:
- Gingivitis: This type of gum disease is characterized by swollen, sensitive gums.
- Periodontitis: This more advanced type of gum disease results in the loss of gum tissue that holds teeth in place.
- Cavities: Also referred to as dental carries, cavities are are essentially holes in the teeth that grow larger over time. A cavity may require a filling, root canal or even tooth extraction, depending on the severity.
- Dental abscess: This condition indicates significant infection, which produces pus inside the mouth. An abscess is often accompanied by symptoms such as fever, intense pain and swelling.
- Damaged or missing teeth: Teeth can become damaged or lost for a variety of reasons. Missing teeth can lead to a number of problems, such as jawbone deterioration, shifting teeth and a collapsed appearance of the face.
- Cosmetic issues: If your teeth are discolored, misshapen or slightly misaligned, our cosmetic dentistry options can help you achieve the bright, beautiful smile you desire.
Patient education is a cornerstone of our dental philosophy. Depending on your unique situation, our dentists will thoroughly explain all of your treatment options to help you determine the best dental solution for your budget and lifestyle.
Symptoms of Dental Problems
The best way to ensure a strong, healthy mouth is to keep appointments with your dentist every six months. However, if you believe an issue is developing, it’s best to book a visit with one of our highly-trained dentists so that we can assess your teeth and gums and provide any necessary treatment.
Some possible indicators of potential problems include:
- Difficulty chewing
- Bleeding, sensitive or swollen gums
- Painful or sensitive teeth
- Bad breath or persistent bad taste in the mouth
- Jaw pain, headaches or popping noises in the jaw
- Dental trauma
If you experience any of the symptoms above, you should consider scheduling a visit at Bromley Park Dental right away. The sooner we see you, the sooner we can identify the problem and determine a solution.
Avoiding Dental Problems
As soon as you notice a problem, you should have it addressed as quickly as possible. If you delay treatment, additional procedures may be necessary, involving more time and more money. Today’s cavity could be next year’s broken tooth. With just one appointment, many small problems can be handled without pain or complications.
In order to maintain a healthy mouth, consider the following tips:
- Get biannual cleanings: Visiting the dentist every six months is vital to your oral health. If you are prone to gum problems or have been diagnosed with gum disease, you’ll need periodontal cleanings every three to four months, depending on the recommendation of your dentist.
- Brush properly: Research shows that most people brush their teeth for 50 seconds or less. That is not enough time to adequately clean your teeth. You should brush your teeth for at least two minutes, two, preferably three, times a day.
- Floss daily: Flossing removes bacteria, plaque and tartar that can’t be removed by brushing alone. Regular flossing helps prevent gum disease, cavities and bad breath. If you’re having a hard time flossing every day, start by flossing three times a week until it’s habit then work toward flossing every day.
- Clean your molars: A majority of gum disease develops between the last molars. Help yourself avoid both gum problems and cavities by taking the time to clean well in these areas.
- Get X-rays regularly: X-rays can reveal minor cavities before they develop into serious issues. Some patients consistently postpone X-rays, just to discover later that their cavities have progressed significantly. Treatment at late stages is often more extensive and costly.
- Stop smoking: In addition to a variety of health complications, smoking has a detrimental effect on your gums and healing ability. Stop smoking right away if you have any gum problems.
Why Choose Bromley Park Dental
Bromley Park Dental was founded by Dr. Ian Paisley and with the addition of Dr. Jacob Ramirez we feature two, versatile, experienced and highly-trained dentists. Our mission is to provide comprehensive general dental services with an honest, patient-focused approach. Patient education, individualized-care and long-lasting patient relationships are the cornerstones of our dental philosophy.
Our dentist-owned practice is proud to offer a wide range of general dental services to Brighton and Thornton-area residents. With the depth of knowledge and skill our dentists offer, there is no need to travel miles away to receive complex dental treatment such as a root canal, dental implant or other needed oral surgery. Our highly trained dentists can perform a number of surgical procedures right here in our state-of-the-art Brighton office.
We have grown with the Brighton community since 2004 by word of mouth, one patient at a time. We have established valuable relationships with our neighbors and their families. We are active in the community, sponsoring and participating in annual community events such as the Halloween Trunk or Treat, Thanksgiving Turkey Trot and Girls Night Out at the Platte Valley Hospital.
In addition to patient referrals, we meet many new patients who seek a second opinion from a previous diagnosis. We provide both new and life-long patients with the same honest, straight-forward feedback, and will explain all of your dental options to find a solution that matches your unique needs and budget.
Contact Us Today
To learn more about how our general dentists can help you and your family receive the exceptional dental care you deserve, please call Bromley Park Dental today at 303-659-0667 to schedule an appointment. We welcome patients from Brighton, Thornton, Commerce City, Ft. Lupton and nearby Colorado areas.