Even when damaged by decay or trauma, our natural teeth are quite durable and can still offer years of functionality with a little bit of dental support. Dental crowns can give that support by providing your tooth a strong, resilient surface. Crowns can also reduce tooth sensitivity and protect teeth from further damage.
Dental bridges replace missing teeth with dental crowns supported by adjacent teeth.
If your teeth are damaged or missing, call Bromley Park Dental today to schedule an appointment to discuss dental crowns, dental bridges and other options. You can reach us by completing the form on this page or calling 303-659-0667. Our Brighton office welcomes patients from nearby communities such as Thornton, Commerce City and Fort Lupton.
Dental crowns are sometimes referred to as caps because they cover damaged natural teeth like a cap, offering a new surface and increased stability. Crowns are durable alternatives to dental fillings for addressing a variety of tooth issues.
Depending on your unique situation, our dentists may recommend a dental crown if you have a tooth that is:
- Chipped, cracked or broken
- Severely worn
- Severely stained
- Oddly shaped
- In need of protection after a root canal
- Suffering from failing fillings
To help meet the individual needs of our patients, Bromley Park Dental offers two types of dental crowns:
- Porcelain crowns: Dental porcelain has the same luster and sheen as dental enamel, making it a very attractive and natural-looking restorative option. Dental porcelain also responds to thermal changes much like a natural tooth, helping to minimize heat sensitivity. While dental porcelain itself is very brittle, when it is bonded to your tooth, it is hard and durable.
- Zirconium crowns: Zirconium is a nearly indestructible type of crystal that when used as a crown, combines the attractive appearance of a porcelain crown with the strength and durability of a gold crown. Considering zirconium crowns are relatively the same cost as their porcelain counterparts, zirconium is quickly becoming a favored option.
It’s important to fill empty gaps as soon as you lose a tooth. When left untreated, open spaces in the mouth cause teeth to shift, which can cause trouble with your bite and oral health.
A dental bridge is a prosthetic device that fills gaps left by missing teeth. Bridges consist of artificial teeth that are supported by crowns placed over adjacent teeth.
Benefits of dental bridges include:
- Reduces the risk of gum disease and bone loss
- Distributes bite forces properly
- Improves your ability to chew and speak
- Prevents neighboring teeth from shifting out of position
- Prevents sunken facial appearance that results from missing teeth
- Eliminates gaps in your smile
- Restores a beautiful smile
A dental bridge can provide an effective solution for tooth replacement, but it cannot prevent the bone loss that occurs naturally when a tooth is missing. Dental implants are needed to address bone loss. However, not every patient is a good candidate for dental implants, so it’s important to meet with one of our experienced dentists to fully understand all of your options.
To learn more about dental crowns and dental bridges, please contact Bromley Park Dental today online or at 303-659-0667.